What is SBDM?
School councils promote ...shared leadership among those who are closest to the students: parents, teachers and administrators of the local schools.
The school council must set school policy to provide an environment to enhance student achievement and help the school reach its accountability goals. To meet this responsibility, councils should:
* Collect, interpret and analyze information
* Set priorities, goals and targets;.
* Establish committees, review committee reports and consider their recommendations;.
* Evaluate achievement;.
* Work as a team;.
* Hold regularly scheduled meetings;.
* Conduct meetings in a democratic manner;.
* Get the required SBDM training;.
* Make student-based decisions;.
* Monitor policy and program implementation..
For more information, please review the FCPS Brochure: http://www.fcps.net/media/239777/member%20brochure.pdf
Parent SBDM election times (school lobby):
Thursday, April 26, 8am-1pm, 4pm-7pm (Leestown Literacy in Bloom Night)
Friday, April 27, 8am-12pm